An Ohio family is reeling today after four children discovered their parents dead on the floor in the family’s Centerville home. It didn’t take long for the cause of death to be revealed after what was immediately noticed on the father’s face.
According to WLWT, Brian and Courtney Halye were found dead Thursday after Courtney Halye’s son and daughter and Brian Halye’s two daughters woke up for school. “I just woke up and my two parents are on the floor. My sister said they’re not waking up,” Courtney Halye’s 13-year-old son said in a 911 call. “They’re not breathing… They were very cold.”
According to Daily Headlines, the boy also told the 911 operator that his father was “pale” with black lines all over his face. “At the scene, we did locate drug paraphernalia, which leads us to believe this is drug-related,” said Centerville policeOfficer John Davis.
Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner’s office, said it was likely a lethal dose of a heroin-fentanyl mixture. Frighteningly, since January, 165 others have died of accidental overdoses in Montgomery County.