Man Eats Dinner, Becomes Deathly Ill – Doctors Gasp Once They See His X-Rays

Japanese cuisine has been making a resurgence across the world as a delicious, healthy way of eating. One of the most popular Japanese dishes is sushi and all kinds of variations are making their way into Western restaurants and grocery stores. However, for one Chinese man, a fondness for sashimi nearly lead to an early grave after doctors found that his body was infected with tapeworm. The unnamed man had visited a doctor after being plagued with stomach pain and itchy skin. Tapeworm parasites can infect the human body when people eat raw fish that has been contaminated by the worm’s larvae.

It is not known how long the Chinese man had the tapeworm growing inside him but it is believed that the parasite can grow up to 15 meters long and can continue to survive for several years.

Initially, tapeworm infections are very difficult to detect, especially because people often don’t think twice about stomach aches. Other symptoms of a tapeworm infection include dizziness, fatigue, constipation and mild to intense abdominal pain.

The unidentified Chinese man was lucky to have his infection detected. If tapeworm infections remain untreated, the larvae begin to move around the body, infecting other areas, including: the liver, brain, heart and eyes. At this stage, the effects of the infection can become life threatening. The tremendous increase in sushi consumption in the Western world has led to a correlating increase in cases of tapeworm infection. Sushi dishes regularly incorporate uncooked slices of fish and consuming such meals dramatically increases your chances of contracting the repulsive infection.

The Chinese man was treated at an eastern China hospital, Guangzhou No. 8 People’s Hospital in Guangdong Province. The doctor who treated him, Doctor Yin, allegedly told a writer for the Chinese website www.thatsmags.com, that “eating uncooked food contaminated with tapeworms’ eggs could eventually cause cysticercosis when the adult worms enters a person’s blood stream.”

It is likely that this cautionary tale might put some people off eating at a Japanese restaurant for a few weeks.

Source: Mail Online
Photo: AWM


Even an unlicensed professional could tell that this is bad…